In the standard (x,y) coordinate plane below, which point has coordinates of (-4,-5)?
On a coordinate plane,
- the x-axis is the horizontal axis, going left and right
- the y-axis is the vertical axis, going up and down
To go to (-4,-5) on the coordinate plane:
- start at the origin, which is the center, at (0,0)
- move to the left 4 on the x-axis, since x is -4
- then move down 5 on the y-axis, since y is -5
- and plot a point
Ask Algebra House
ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc. SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board. ACT and SAT are not affiliated with this site.